This WebQuest basically exposing middle school students to basic information about the Great Depression.
This project will encompass other curricular areas as well. Learners will conduct research with the use of Technology. Learners will have to read, comprehend and write about the Great Depression (ELA). Students will also have to conduct research pertaining to the economy during the 1920s and 1930s (Math). Students will find some of the causes of the Great Depression were a result of the farming industry (Earth Science). This way, the students will have some background knowledge and they should be able to take this project further than without any previous knowledge. They will also have a better vocabulary when writing their report and for the brochure.
- Students will conduct research (Technology).
- Students will read, comprehend and write about the Great Depression (ELA).
- Students will also learn about the economy during the 1920s and 1930s (Math).
- Students will learn about effects of physical processes (erosion, deposition, gravity) on geological features including oceans (Earth Science).
- Students will be responsible for presenting their projects in front of the class.
Prerequisite Skills: Comfort level with the Internet
Time Required: Two Weeks for research, discussion and completing projects.
Technology Needs/Materials Needed
Since students will be working in groups, it is not necessary for each student to have a computer, but each group must have one accessible well as the WebQuest .
The resources and web links included on this website are external websites and Team C would like to thank them for creating such useful WebPages.