The Everglades is being invaded and only you and your Environment Advocate partner can research the invaders and find ways of stopping them! Itís up to you both to educate the public about these invaders.
- Begin by picking one of the invasive species listed below.
- Investigate and answer the questions below.
- Assemble the information so that the public can understand these invaders and why they are a threat.
- Make recommendations as to how the public can be more careful with our country's Everglades.
- Once all the information is at your fingertips, design a poster that will incorporate the information you've discovered and a picture of your invasive species. You can either draw the invasive species or get a picture off the Internet.
Be Creative! Be Persuasive! YOU want to get the public's attention! Good Luck!
Role: Environment/Public Service Organization
Audience: Public at Large
Format: Poster size announcements to be hung at the Everglades.
Topic: Protect our Everglades from Invasive Species.
Invasive species to chose from:
Burmese python Green iguana
Old world climbing fern Lobate loc scale
Island apple snail Walking catfish
Nile monitor Monk parakeet
Wild boar Cuban tree frog