Your task is to become a member of a four member team consisting of a registered nurse, oncologist, therapist and treatment specialist. Each team will be assigned a patient presenting symptoms for a specific type of cancer.
- The registered nurse will be responsible for explaining to the patient in general terms what cancer is and how it progresses.
- The oncologist will be responsible for explaining the specific details concerning the cancer indicated, including the type of cancer, symptoms, progression and statistics on expected survival.
- The therapist will be responsible for explaining how patient behavior may or may not have played a role in contracting the specific cancer.
- The treatment specialist will be responsible for explaining the treatment options available to the patient based on their specific cancer; the explanation will need to include surgical and holistic options if available.
The team will be responsible for submitting:
- a written report on their findings to the hospital director (teacher); and
- a power point presentation given to your peers for their review.