The classroom assistant, Ms. Helpsalot will be helping each group complete this mission. Below you will find three animals. Each of you will work together to “sell” your pet to the rest of the class. After you have researched the animal you will make a poster with all the fun facts you have learned. Then share it with the whole class. As a class we will decide which pet to buy.
- Each of you will get a chance to work with Ms. Helpsalot to research your assigned animal. Once you have been assigned. Click on that animal to get your instructions.
a.Once you have researched that animal, fill out the worksheet attached. (This will be a cheat sheet for step 3.)
b. Now click on the animal to find out how much it cost.
2. Ms. Helpsalot will help your group design a poster to persuade the other students to buy your pet. Remember it has to be exciting because every group wants to buy their pet, and we can only have ONE.
3. Your poster must include:
- What the type of home is best for the animal.
- What your animal eats and drinks.
- 3 fun and unique facts
- How much will this pet cost?
- A picture of your animal
4. Now that we have heard all the facts about each animal its time to vote. 5. Mrs. Noble has written the name of each animal on a card at the computer. Ms. Helpsalot will help you type the name of the animal that you like the best and we will count and chart the results.
5. You did it!!! Great job everyone!! Now the reward is a field trip to the pet store to buy the animal the class has chosen.