- Each team member will draw their role out of a hat (registered nurse, oncologist, therapist, teatment specialist)
- Each team will be assigned one of the patients below. Each team member will research their part of their patient's cancer. Research can be on line (some helpful sites are included below), printed media (books, magazines, publications) or video. Sources must be cited in order for credit to be received (see grading rubric).
- Meet with team members to plan and write report.
- Meet with team members to plan and prepare power point presentation. Each team member will be responsible for four slides.
- Present power point presentation to peers for their review (see rubric).
Patients To Be Assigned:
- Lung Cancer - patient is a former smoker, she has not smoked in five years and is 55 years old. She presents the following symptoms: skin rash, cough that does not go away, chest pain and shortness of breath. (www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/default.htm)
Other helpful web sites: