1. Divide into your investment partners of 2-3 per group.
2. Go to Return on investment activity and print out and complete the ROI activity and turn in to your instructor for assessment.
3. Go to Buy Stock activity and print out and complete the Buy Stocks activity and turn in to your instructor for assessment.
4. Go to http://econ.org/kystock/ and click on the Kentucky Stock list with Hotlinks and within your groups, choose the stocks you wish to put in your investment portfolio. You may also go to http://finance.yahoo.com and look up stocks that you are interested in that might not be on the list.
5. Go to http://www.smartstocks.com/ and then sign up for a free membership. Once you have done this, log in and join the ccms group ( you will have to provide the password for the group which will be provided by your instructor).
6. Once you are a registered member of the group, you must as a group decide which stocks to invest in. You might want to visit http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/36502/investment/7_stock_market_tips_to_live_by.html to get some advice on how to choose stocks wisely.
7. You will need to check your protfolio at www.smartstocks.com frequently monitoring your gains and losses.
8. Use Microsoft Excel or some other spreadsheet software to create a chart to monitor each stock that you have purchased.
9. Go to attachment #3 and print out the " Spreadsheets: All You Need to Know" handout and use it as a guide when creating your chart.
10. At the end of the lesson your group will present and oral presentation of the stock that you chose including profits and losses statements.