1. The class will be divided into three groups.
- Group 1 will be responsible for researching the parts of a plant and what it needs to survive.
- Group 2 will be repsonsible for researching the process of photosynthesis and how it occurs.
- Group 3 will be responsible for researching the process of pollination and how it occurs.
2. Each group will conduct their research using the links at the bottom of this section.
3. After researching, each group will be responsible for creating a visual piece to accompany the local newspapers articles about plants.
- Group 1 will create a picture of a plant, labeling each part. Additionally, they must create another picture showing what a plant needs to survive and labeling each necessity. These pictures must be on posterboard.
- Group 2 will create a comic strip about the process of photosynthesis. This comic strip must be at least 4 frames long and each frame will go an 8x11in. piece of paper.
- Group 3 will create a comic strip about the process of pollination. This comic strip must be at least 4 frames long and each frame will go on an 8x11in. piece of paper.
4. Finally, each group will present their findings to the class so that everyone can learn about plants.
Links to Use:
Parts of a Plant/Plant Necessities