First , individual students will present their findings (raw anecdotal data) to their classmates. Following this, the teacher will lead the class in a guided discussion about the findings / results and their implications.
- The teacher and students will discuss the advantages & disadvantages of not attending to hygiene needs based on the interview results.
- The teacher will ask the class how their lives might be different if they neglected their hygiene needs (both now and in the future as adults).
- The teacher will guide the students in determining if the positives outweigh the negatives or vice versa.
- The class will come to a consensus as to the importance of performing hygience routines regularly and throughly.
- On the heals of step 4, students will complete an individualized survey on the importance of 4 targeted hygiene tasks. This survey will be based on a number scale of 1-4.